help out a new starter on addins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help out a new starter on addins

I am using beyond compare 2. I tried to import the excel add in and followed the steps.

However, when I click on Tools / Import v.1 settings I get a window asking for Location of B1.x settings with an import all and import none button. The helptext for the excel add in says:

2) Run Beyond Compare and from the "Tools" menu select "Import Settings...".

3) In "Select import file", enter the name of the rules file:
    C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 2\MSExcel\MSExcel.xml

Click "Next". In the "Pick rules to import" list, "MS Excel" should be
    checked. Click "Next" again, then click "Finish" to import the rules.

Any idea where I am going wrong?

Re: help out a new starter on addins

The instructions from the web page are correct. Once "MS Excel (*.xls)" is checked, you should just need to click Next, then click Finish.

If you aren't seeing that menu option, please make sure you're running the latest version of BC, version 2.3.1. To determine your version, select Help|About Beyond Compare from the menu.

Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Re: help out a new starter on addins

The instructions from the web page are correct. Once "MS Excel (*.xls)" is checked, you should just need to click Next, then click Finish.

If you aren't seeing that menu option, please make sure you're running the latest version of BC, version 2.3.1. To determine your version, select Help|About Beyond Compare from the menu.

It appears we may have cached the original free download so I have version 2.0.2.

Just waiting for the support team to download from a link I was sent from the support guys at Scooter.

The excitement is almost too much. Can't wait to be able to compare excel files. Wish I could have found this site before I wrote my own excel to text converter, though!

Comment

Working...
      X