No announcement yet.

Can I share session info across a LAN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I share session info across a LAN?

Hi All,

Does anyone have any experience or advice with regard to sharing session info (connection details, passwords, etc.) on a LAN so that multiple users can access (and add/update/delete) the same session info?

Thanks.

Re: Can I share session info across a LAN?

BC2 can be configured to load configuration settings and saved sessions from .XML files in the same directory as BC2.EXE. You could always put BC2.exe and these files in a shared directory, accessible to those you want to have access.

See the following thread for more information http://www.scootersoftware.com/ubbth...b=5&o=&fpart=1

Comment

Or, if you don't want to share *all* settings, you can share sessions by exporting them to a file in a shared location, and then specifying that file in Tools -> Options -> Folder Viewer -> Shared Sessions File.

The shared sessions will appear in BC with a special icon.
      Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

Correction: Shared sessions are locked read-only, so you can't use them if you want everyone to be able to change the sessions unless they use the "Export Settings" command to overwrite the saved sessions. Also, passwords are stored as part of the preferences, not the sessions, so you'll need to follow Ernie's advice anyway.
        ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Comment

Lovely! Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Working...
          X