Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folder comparison

Hi!

Just thought I let you know I use BC to compare *.rtf files only and it works fine but I noticed what seems to be a little bug.

I us BC in a script that does a comparison on pairs of folders: sometimes only one folder has rtf files, sometimes both and sometimes none. But I noticed that when there is no *.rtf files in both the folders specified, an error message pops up and says there is an invalid parameter and my execution stops.

I was able to make my comparison of all my pairs of folders by verifying the existence of the files before calling BC2.exe but maybe it would be nice if that test was integrated in BC so it wouldn't stop completely but rather write a message in the output folder (or maybe just a more specific error message).

Thanks!

Re: Folder comparison

In the current release version of BC (2.2.7), using a file-report command with no files selected generates an error and halts the script.

The beta of version 2.3 doesn't generate an error in this case, so it should solve your problem. You can download it from: http://www.scootersoftware.com/download.php?c=beta23
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Re: Folder comparison

Great, I'll use it

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X