ftp support got worse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ftp support got worse?

I am using B.C. 2.3 beta build 229. It seems that the ftp support now is worse, at least when a connection goes down. I connected to ftp://FTP.COMPAQ.COM/pub/products/se...rtsoftware/ZIP and copied some files. Then, there was a timeout. Now, I tried to download WebText.txt and windows.txt. I appeared a message that said that the connection had been terminated and asked if I wanted to reconnect. I said yes. It appeared the same message twice:

Error copying /pub/products/servers/supportsoftware/ZIP/WebText.txt: Connection Closed Gracefully.
    Error copying /pub/products/servers/supportsoftware/ZIP/windows.txt: Connection Closed Gracefully.

I have to connect by ctrl+F5.

In the previous non beta version it was more automatic.

Thank You

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Re: ftp support got worse?

Another situation: I connected to ftp://FTP.LOGITECH.COM/ and then switched to do other things. When I went back to logitech, the connection had been dropped, and this is ok for me. I double clicked on the pub directory and got a popup message that said

Timeout - try typing a little faster next time

It is possible that this message came from logitech, but anyway I believe that B.C. no longer reconnects to ftp sites, I have to do ctrl+F5.
    It is not a big problem, anyway.

Thank You again

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Comment

There's a new build for you guys to test at http://www.scootersoftware.com/bc23en_2005-04-11.zip. It should fix the disconnect/reconnect issue. Let us know how it works.
      ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Comment

I downloaded it, but it seems to be the same. It says Version 2.2.7 Build 5183. I tested it on ftp.logitech.com. I deliberately waited so that I was disconnected. Then I tried to copy one file. It asked if I wanted to be reconnected. I said yes, but it said something like Connection Closed Gracefully. I am sorry I cannot write the message right now, I have not a ftp connection.

Thank You again

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Comment

Thanks for the report. I checked with Craig, and he said he's working with the Indy folks (the developers of our FTP library) to get it sorted out.
          Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
          X