Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settings for perforce

Hi

I've looked at the FAQ and posts already on the forum, but still have a question - what should be the command line args for BC when integrating with perforce? It provides four standard args - "base file, theirs, yours and the merged result file" but which two of them should I use? Anyone?

Thanks,
    Sergey.

Re: Settings for perforce

I don't use Perforce myself, but because BC can only compare 2 files at a time, the best is probably to use theirs and yours as the arguments, and use the /savetarget=xxx, where xxx is the merged result file. We're working on 3-way comparison, but the current version only does 2-way, so it won't be able to display the base file.

So something like "bc2.exe /savetarget=mergeresult yours theirs" should work. You can merge changes into the left side (yours), and when you save it will save the file to the mergeresult file name.

To help clarify, you can also pass titles on the command line using /title1=xxx and /title2=xxx.

For more info on command line options, see the Command Line Switches help page under the Command Line & Scripting help topic.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Great, works like charm

Thanks!

Comment

Hello BC team. Is any progerss with 3-way compare?

Comment

We're working on three way comparison, but we aren't at the point that we have anything to release for testing yet.
          Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
          X