Right click problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right click problem

I've lost the right click option for selecting comparison file. Does anyone know how to turn it back on?

Re: Right click problem

Hi!

There are two ways:

1) Reinstall Beyond Compare.

or

2) Open the Windows DOS-command-prompt and type 'regsvr32 ' (without quotes).
    Open an Explorer window of the BC directory.
    Drag and drop the file named 'BCShellEx.dll' in the command-window.
    It should look like D:\>regsvr32 "C:\Programme\Beyond Compare 2\BCShellEx.dll"
    Now press 'enter' .

I hope this helps ...

Bye
    Christoph

Comment

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
      I've lost the right click option for selecting comparison file. Does anyone know how to turn it back on?

[/quote]Goto menu "Tools" / "Option", choose "General" on the left side, then check "Include Beyond Compare in Explorer context menu" and eventually "Include submenu with available viewers".
      Michel Dessaintes
      Modérateur du Forum Francophone & Traducteur Officiel de BC2/BC3/BC4 en Français

Comment

As odd as this may sound, it still hasn't worked. Does anyone have any alternative suggestions?

Comment

If you have any other programs that add themselves to the right click menu try disabling them.
          Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

Try using the ShellExView program listed on our Shell Extension knowledgebase page to disable extensions to see if one of your other extensions is causing problems.
            Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
            X