Sync two folders after deleting a file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sync two folders after deleting a file

When I try to sync two folders after a file in one of them is deleted it recognises the missing file but the sync replaces the missing file with the old one instead of deleting the remaining old one. Is there a way of setting the sync options to recognise that the deleted files date is the newer one and therefore delete the remaining older file?

Re: Sync two folders after deleting a file

Hi!

Go in the 'Extras' menu and coose Options... .
    Now select Synchronisation .

Here you can set the commands which are to be performed with orphaned files. In the BC helpfile you can find further information about 'synchronisation'.

Notice: The default settings for 'sync to left' and 'sync to right' are not equal!

Bye
    Christoph

Comment

Thanks for your reply. The sync options only allow you to delete or copy as per settings. I want the system to recognise the difference between a deleted file and a new one and copy the new one across or delete the old one to match the deleted file opposite.

Comment

Hi!

How do you want to determine the timestamp of a deleted file?

The only way that comes in my mind is to work with snapshots. Have you already considered that? This might be helpful. Please read the corresponding chapter in the BC helpfile.

Bye
        Christoph

Comment

Working...
        X