Ignore files of a certain type

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ignore files of a certain type

I have searched Help and the FAQ, but I can't find how I can make BC ignore files of a certain type.

Thanks for your time,
    Paul ten Brink
  • Ernie
    Fanatic
    • Mar 2004

Re: Ignore files of a certain type

If you mean by extension when you refer to "a certain type", right-click on one of those files and select "Exclude" from the popup menu. From there, you can exclude files with that extension.

Comment

• chrroe
      Pooh-Bah
      • Oct 2007

Hi Paul!

Among what Ernie said, there are even other possibilities:
      In the folder-view you can enter wildcards directly in the 'Filter: ' entry field.

When you invoke the session manager you can enter even more criterias.

Unless this is enough you could probably post an example what type of files you want to ignore.

Bye
      Christoph

Comment

Cheers, Ernie, that was exactly what I needed! Strange that this is not in the Help or at least hard to find in the Help...

Comment

Also cheers to you, Christoph. But once again strange that this is not obvious from the Help...

Comment

• Zoë
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Hi Paul,

This is covered pretty thoroughly in the help under the "File Filters" topic. In addition to Ernie and Christoph's suggestions it also covers filtering by date, size, attribute, and path. If you're running an older version upgrade to 2.2.7. We've been upgrading the help throughout the releases; the file filters topic was overhauled in 2.1 and the table of contents was cleaned up in 2.2.
            Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...