Differences word count feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences word count feature

I read in another post here that there is no word count feature in BC. I think this would be a great addition. I just started using the trial version to see if it fulfills my needs, and this is the only feature I see lacking.

I imagine it could be implemented relatively easily. For example, you already know which lines are different, now you just basically would need to find the number of words in the different sections(count the spaces) for each different line and add them up.

Re: Differences word count feature

Enhancing the statistical reporting is on our wish list. I will add word counts to the wish list for reporting. Thank you for the suggestion.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

I still can't see this feature, it would be really great as I'm looking for a program that can diff a set of files to give out wordcount statistics (words added, deleted, changed).

Comment

Hello,

This is still something we do not support in BC3. I'll add your notes/specifics to our wishlist entry on the subject.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks, in the meantime, any other software recommendation?

Comment

Not that I am immediately aware of. MS Word can present the number of Words in the document, but I'm not sure about the Diff.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

No plan to add this feature in the upcoming future?
              For instance http://www.comparesuite.com/ seems to have word count built in the program but there is no way to include that when generating reports.

Comment

Hello,

It is still on our Customer Wishlist, but is not currently scheduled development. We still have several projects currently in progress. We appreciate the comparative; I'll add it to your previous notes.
                Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
                X