Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Re: 3 way right click explorer functions?

I agree. It is definitely nice not needing to select all of the files at once.

We are still in the process of designing different ways to implement/streamline this feature (shell extension).
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Next beta?

When does the next beta become available?

Comment

• Chris
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Re: Next beta?

The last time I discussed it with our development team, it looks like a public beta is a few months away yet.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Re: BC3 \"Editions\"

I've been using BC for years (I bought one about 5years ago and another one today, because I lost my license file and didn't bother to plague support with a request to find me in their records, I thought: "what the heck, they deserve another 30 bucks for this gem"). I'm delighted that version 3 is coming out. I have one idea which I suppose you've heard before, but this is my vote for it then. Split the "session" into file-sets and comparison-settings. During Java development I'm constantly comparing different project, but I always need the same comparison-settings (which directories and files to exclude, content comparison etc.). I typically need a different set of comparison settings when comparing deployed J2EE projects, etc.

Comment

• Chris
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Thanks for the suggestion.

If you're always using the same comparison criteria/filters, you can make them the default for new sessions. Just select Session|Set Default from the menu and click the "Save current settings as defaults" button.

Also, you can add presets to the Filter: dropdown menu in the "Folder Viewer" section of the Tools|Options dialog.
            Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Hi, I love BC and have recommended it to my tech friends, some of whom have bought it. I only have one issue - why is the new version not out yet? As a software developer I know deadlines slip but...

We really need the unicode support here. When will the new version *really* be out??

thanks

Comment

• Chris
                Team Scooter
                • Oct 2007

The last time I spoke to our development team about the release schedule, it looked like a public beta might be released in the next 2-3 months.
                Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

We export are SQL tables and stored procedures as unicode and BC reads and compares them just fine. Am I missing something else or is there more unicode features on the way.

Comment

• Chris
                    Team Scooter
                    • Oct 2007

Beyond Compare 2 handles files with Unicode text content without any problems.

The previous poster was referring to Unicode filenames, which aren't supported in Beyond Compare 2. Beyond Compare 3 will support Unicode filenames.

Workarounds for Unicode filenames in version 2 are detailed at:
                    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...ractersets.php
                    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks, I had a look at the workaround link you posted. Without me having to test it, can you tell me if it just lets the filenames become visible or does it actually let BC work with them i.e. synchronise?

Comment

• Aaron
                        Team Scooter
                        • Oct 2007

BC can work with filenames that it can understand. So, by changing your Windows settings to match the language of the files, BC2 can then work with them. If you want to run a synchronize, it will need to be able to understand every file in the base folders.
                        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• jarcand
                          New User
                          • May 2007

Our current estimate is that we're hoping for a public beta sometime in the third quarter of this year, with an official release towards the end of this year.
                          So, now that "towards the end of this year" has passed, is there a new ETA?

I'm really looking forward to this upgrade for Windows and having a native version for Linux!

Comment

• Chris
                            Team Scooter
                            • Oct 2007

Sorry for the changing schedule. It looks like we're 1-2 months away from a public beta at this point.
                            Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• scruffylooking
                              New User
                              • Mar 2008

Re: Feature request (ssh/sftp)

I want to add my vote and enthusiasm for Secure FTP in Beyond Compare. It will really make a perfect solution once its able to connect securely.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Comment

Re: Feature request (ssh/sftp)

I second the sftp change, we are locking down our servers so ftp'ing to them is no longer an option.

Comment

Working...