BC3 "Editions"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

BC3 Feature Request

Mr. Chris,

There are two features that I will look forward to have in the next version :

1. In folder comparision there is a feature to see only :

Right side new
    Left side new
    Right side orphan
    Left Side Orphan etc. etc.

In the File Comparision there is naturally no such option, however it will be nice if Right side Orphan and Left Side orphan option is there for File comparision also.

2. I use Beyond compare as a BackUps maintainance tool also. It will be nice if there is version or feature so that we can use it as a full fledged BACKUP maintainance tool.

Regards

Sanjiv Bansal

Comment

• Chris
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Re: BC3 Feature Request

Sanjiv,

Thank you for the suggestions.

1. It is possible to filter on orphans in the File Viewer. From the menu, select View|Toolbars|Component. This will allow you to select to only display orphan lines on the left or right.

2. Can you be more specific about what backup features you would like to see in Beyond Compare?
      Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks, Mr. Chris.

Your reply help me find the option for ORPHANS in the file viewer. however, I noticed that file viewer does not have DROPDOWN as option in View|Toolbars as we have in folder view. Since, I find BC to be a very well organised software, there could be reasons for not having DROPDOWN option here - however it would have helped in discovering this feature easily for new users, had dropdown option been there.

Regarding the features of BACKUP, I use BC to take backups of my computer. I may not be able, efficient to be able to provide more of details at the moment, however it will be nice if there is a software from ScooterSoftware that works as a full fledged backup maintainance utility. BC is already doing most of the jobs efficiently.

Regards

Sanjiv Bansal

Comment

• Chris
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Sanjiv,

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll pass these on to our developers for consideration in a future version of Beyond Compare.
          Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• sitary
            Visitor
            • Feb 2008

Hi,

I'd like the ability to click on a opened folder (with a "Only Mismatches filter in effect) and have Copy confine its actions to "only effect visual files" (setting for Sync Options). Or enhance Sync to work on a folder level rather than the whole session. The way BC works now I need to highlight the out-of-sync files and then click Copy.

Thanks!

Simon

Comment

• Chris
              Team Scooter
              • Oct 2007

Simon,

You can change the way sync operates so it will only sync the currently selected files/folders. Select Tools|Options. Go to the Sync Options section. Check "Just Selection".
              Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Re: BC3 \"Editions\"

I would like a set of default filter and comparison settings. For instance, when I perform a right-click comparison, I would like BC to expand all folders with differences and show only mismatches. So I guess a more elegant way to say this is that just as these settings can be saved for any given session, it would be handy to have default settings for any adhoc type of comparison.

Comment

• Aaron
                  Team Scooter
                  • Oct 2007

You can currently do this in BC2 under Session menu->set default.

This will save the current display filter/file filter/comparison control settings as the default.

Expand subfolders when loading session (and Only expand subfolders with differences) are options under the Comparison Control.
                  Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Couple of questions.

BC3 was slated for release this year - as we are now well into November I guess it will not be out until well into next year now

It also appears that the major developments are going into a more expensive pro version - surely this means that anyone wishing to take advantage has to pay more money.

Wouldn't it be better (especially as BC3 is delayed) to offer the pro to all people with a valid upgrade (say purchased within the last year), with new people having to either buy the standard or pro versions.

Thanks.

Comment

• Chris
                      Team Scooter
                      • Oct 2007

Our tentative release date right now is the first quarter of 2008.

The features included in the pro version (three way merge, version control integration), are features that aren't likely to be used by home users. Development of these features isn't a trivial undertaking, so rather than raise the price for all BC users, we're splitting it into two products. This way you're only paying for the features you use.

Some major new features that will be in BC3 standard include Unicode filename support and a tabbed interface.
                      Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

How will the pricing scheme look like on the pro-version.
                        Will it be a factor 2, 10 or 100 compared to todays pricing?

Comment

• Chris
                          Team Scooter
                          • Oct 2007

Our tentative pricing scheme for a single user license is $30 for BC3 standard, and $50 for BC3 Pro. We will offer discounts for volume purchases starting at 5 or more users.

We will post a full price list and upgrade information for BC2 users when we release a public beta of BC3.
                          Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

If I pay the upgrade fee now, can I help test?

Thanks, Tim

Comment

• Tim
                              Team Scooter
                              • Oct 2007

If you are a registered BC2 user and are really anxious to test the BC3 beta, send me an email at [email protected]
                              Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

Hi,

Could you publish your wish list and tick in this list the features that are intended to be released in BC3 ? Thanks.

Best regards,

JB MAHE

Comment

Working...