X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: BC3 \"Editions\"

Couple of questions.

BC3 was slated for release this year - as we are now well into November I guess it will not be out until well into next year now

It also appears that the major developments are going into a more expensive pro version - surely this means that anyone wishing to take advantage has to pay more money.

Wouldn't it be better (especially as BC3 is delayed) to offer the pro to all people with a valid upgrade (say purchased within the last year), with new people having to either buy the standard or pro versions.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied

You can currently do this in BC2 under Session menu->set default.

This will save the current display filter/file filter/comparison control settings as the default.

Expand subfolders when loading session (and Only expand subfolders with differences) are options under the Comparison Control.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I would like a set of default filter and comparison settings. For instance, when I perform a right-click comparison, I would like BC to expand all folders with differences and show only mismatches. So I guess a more elegant way to say this is that just as these settings can be saved for any given session, it would be handy to have default settings for any adhoc type of comparison.

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    Re: BC3 Feature Request

Simon,

You can change the way sync operates so it will only sync the currently selected files/folders. Select Tools|Options. Go to the Sync Options section. Check "Just Selection".

Leave a comment:

• sitary
    replied

Hi,

I'd like the ability to click on a opened folder (with a "Only Mismatches filter in effect) and have Copy confine its actions to "only effect visual files" (setting for Sync Options). Or enhance Sync to work on a folder level rather than the whole session. The way BC works now I need to highlight the out-of-sync files and then click Copy.

Thanks!

Simon

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied

Sanjiv,

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll pass these on to our developers for consideration in a future version of Beyond Compare.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Thanks, Mr. Chris.

Your reply help me find the option for ORPHANS in the file viewer. however, I noticed that file viewer does not have DROPDOWN as option in View|Toolbars as we have in folder view. Since, I find BC to be a very well organised software, there could be reasons for not having DROPDOWN option here - however it would have helped in discovering this feature easily for new users, had dropdown option been there.

Regarding the features of BACKUP, I use BC to take backups of my computer. I may not be able, efficient to be able to provide more of details at the moment, however it will be nice if there is a software from ScooterSoftware that works as a full fledged backup maintainance utility. BC is already doing most of the jobs efficiently.

Regards

Sanjiv Bansal

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied

Sanjiv,

Thank you for the suggestions.

1. It is possible to filter on orphans in the File Viewer. From the menu, select View|Toolbars|Component. This will allow you to select to only display orphan lines on the left or right.

2. Can you be more specific about what backup features you would like to see in Beyond Compare?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    BC3 Feature Request

Mr. Chris,

There are two features that I will look forward to have in the next version :

1. In folder comparision there is a feature to see only :

Right side new
    Left side new
    Right side orphan
    Left Side Orphan etc. etc.

In the File Comparision there is naturally no such option, however it will be nice if Right side Orphan and Left Side orphan option is there for File comparision also.

2. I use Beyond compare as a BackUps maintainance tool also. It will be nice if there is version or feature so that we can use it as a full fledged BACKUP maintainance tool.

Regards

Sanjiv Bansal

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied

Gomjh,

Thanks for the suggestion. Our developers are looking into auto update support for version 3.

Leave a comment:

• Marjolein Katsma
    replied

In some programs I like this, in others I don't... best implementation I've seen is to allow the user a choice:

Check for new version:
    o at every program start
    o once every month
    o never

And combine that with a menu item "Check for new version" (usually under the Help menu) to check on demand.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

No idea if this has been mentioned before or not, but an auto-update feature would be nice. I don't have the time to check the site constantly to see if there is a newer version out. Have the program notify you and allow you to update.

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    Re: An Important Feature For Me

Tyler,

We still don't have a date set for when Zip64 support will be available. Adding support for Zip64 (and updating our archive support in general) is still on our todo list.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Aaron,

When do think there will be support for zip64? I have been waiting on this feature for awhile now. It will be very beneficial to my work.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied

Our rule calls a tidy executable for it.

Here is the documentation: http://tidy.sourceforge.net/#docs

You can open the Tools->Options->Rules and edit the Tidy rule you want to change. Click to the Conversion tab and you can change the command-line call there.

We probably won't be changing the default behavior of Tidy, but we encourage customization (create a clone of the rule and play with it).

If you run into any trouble, let us know (I would suggest creating a new thread in the Beyond Help section), or email us at support@scootersoftware.com

Leave a comment:

Working...
X