X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Simcha
    New User
    • Mar 2004

Name of FTP directory gets first-letter-ectomy

I'm using 2.1.2. When I try to compare a directory on one XP box to another that uses Hummingbird's FTP daemon (version 7.01), the files on the other machine appear to be listed correctly. When I try to compare a file against one on my machine, the first letter from the directory on the other machine is chopped off, for example:

c:\bctest\readme.txt

appears as:

c:\ctest\readme.txt

It doesn't matter which column is for the remote files.

Some of the relevant bits from the log seem to be:

3/16/2004 15:31:39 Load Comparison: ftp://simt23@simt23/bctest <-> ftp://simt23@simt23/bctest
    3/16/2004 15:31:56 Load Comparison: ftp://simt23@simt23/bctest <-> C:\bctest
    3/16/2004 15:31:59 Sent> CWD ctest/readme.txt
    3/16/2004 15:31:59 Recv> 550 ctest/readme.txt: Access denied.
    3/16/2004 15:31:59 Sent> CWD ctest
    3/16/2004 15:31:59 Recv> 550 ctest: Invalid Path.

There are also errors from the daemon about MDTM, FEAT, and SYST not being understood.

Thanks for any assistance.

Simcha
  • Zoë
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Re: Name of FTP directory gets first-letter-ectomy

When you have time, please send a copy of the full log to [email protected] and I'll take a look at it.

Does Hummingbird have a demo of their FTP server available? The only FTP-related product I found was a client. The errors about MDTM, FEAT, and SYST shouldn't hurt anything. I am a bit surprised about the lack of SYST support though. How old is that version?
    Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• Simcha
      New User
      • Mar 2004

Re: Name of FTP directory gets first-letter-ectomy

The server comes as part of Hummingbird Exceed. As far as I know, they don't have a demo version. I'll send you the log and a few JPEGs showing the problem.

Thanks, Simcha

Comment

Working...