X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Muggzee
    New User
    • May 2011

Script from BC2 not working in BC3?

Hi there! hate to be new and post right away with a problem...but I'm stumped. I've got a compare script that I've been using fine with BeyondCompare 2...but now that I'm trying it in BC3 it is giving me an error...

The following script is one 14 compare steps entered in a text file. (I've tried each of the 14 compares individually and ended up with the same error)

To run the script, I've created a new shortcut to BC3 and added "@dlycomp3.txt" to the end of the "target" in the shortcut properties.

Anyhow, this is the script that is giving me problems:

Code:
    file-report layout:side-by-side &
    options:ignore-unimportant,display-mismatches,line-numbers &
    output-options:html-color &
    output-to:DLY-110507\Results\TAIPRNT2.html &
    DLY-110507\Files\TAIPRNT2.A1110507 &
    DLY-110507\Files\TAIPRNT2.P1110507
    ############################################################
    When running the short cut I get the following error:
    5/19/2011 10:43:29 AM Fatal Scripting Error: Unexpected argument(s) "output-options:html-color"

Suggestions and comments are greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!
    Last edited by Muggzee; 19-May-2011, 12:25 PM.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Please try moving the output-options after the output-to line. Technically, this is where the syntax is expected, but BC2 was a bit more relaxed in that regard.

file-report layout:side-by-side &
    options:ignore-unimportant,display-mismatches,line-numbers &
    output-toLY-110507\Results\TAIPRNT2.html &
    output-options:html-color &
    DLY-110507\Files\TAIPRNT2.A1110507 &
    DLY-110507\Files\TAIPRNT2.P1110507

Please note that a file-report will now attempt to pick the best report type of the multiple types we support (based on file extension and the file format/rule). If you want to generate a report from a specific viewer, such as the Text Compare, then you can use text-report.

BC3 scripting documentation can be found in the Help file under the Scripting Reference section, or under the Using Beyond Compare -> Automating with Script section.

Please let us know if you have any questions.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...