X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisjj
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Apr 2008

13298 Data Compare: refresh resetting columns widths

May I suggest this be remedied? It happens on manual and auto (file change externally) refresh. Thanks.

PS Sorry if this is a repeat - I can't find any original with forum Search.
    Last edited by chrisjj; 09-May-2011, 04:15 PM.
  • Michael Bulgrien
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Oct 2007

It has been brought up before. This post immediately comes to mind. Interestingly enough, however, no one from Team Scooter acknowledged the issue when it was raised.
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

• chrisjj
      Carpal Tunnel
      • Apr 2008

Ah, that was the one - thanks Michael.

> Interestingly enough, however, no one from Team Scooter acknowledged the issue

Scooters, if I can give you any more info on this, please do say.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

It's definitely acknowledged. In the previous post Michael brings up, I mentioned that we don't currently save any user adjustments to the column width; it's on our wishlist along with all of the notes from that previous discussion.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• chrisjj
          Carpal Tunnel
          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Aaron
          In the previous post Michael brings up, I mentioned that we don't currently save any user adjustments to the column width
          Indeed, but that is not the issue under discussion here.

It's definitely acknowledged.
          Thanks.

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
            Carpal Tunnel
            • Oct 2007

It's definitely acknowledged. In the previous post Michael brings up, I mentioned that we don't currently save any user adjustments to the column width.
            Saving user adjustments (so that they are remembered the next time you open the session) is arguably not the same issue as disregarding user adjustments when the current session is refreshed. The first involves writing the changes to saved session metadata. The second only involves preserving the changes in active memory.

In the previous thread I brought up, you acknowledged the poster's first post (about saving user adjustments) and ignored the poster's second post (about disregarding user adjustments on refresh). So, in the context of the issue raised in this thread by chrisjj (which is the same as the former poster's second post) Team Scooter did, indeed, fail to acknowledge the issue when it was first reported.
            BC v4.0.7 build 19761
            ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

• chrisjj
              Carpal Tunnel
              • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Michael Bulgrien
              So, in the context of the issue raised in this thread by chrisjj (which is the same as the former poster's second post)
              I agree there is more than one issue but I think the number is not two but three since whereas that second post is about loss of widths on user adjusting other settings, the loss I report can occur even without any user input except activating the BC main window, causing an auto-refresh.

Comment

• Aaron
                Team Scooter
                • Oct 2007

Well, don't worry. It is all in there and documented. The problem as you have described, both with refresh and auto-refresh, with a couple ideas of how to try and address it and your notes. It is still very much in the early investigation stages as a Customer Wishlist item and is not currently scheduled development.
                Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• chrisjj
                  Carpal Tunnel
                  • Apr 2008

Thanks Aaron.

Comment

Working...