X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Davio
    Journeyman
    • Dec 2003

Request: FTP Settings for each session

Is it possible for a future version to have different ftp settings that apply to each session?

I have some session connections that require PASSIVE transfer and some that don't. It's kind of trouble some to keep checking and unchecking this option in the Firewall/Proxy options.

Thanks guys.
  • Zoë
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Re: Request: FTP Settings for each session

Yes, we plan on making the ftp settings per session in a future release.
    Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• Davio
      Journeyman
      • Dec 2003

Dog-gone-it!! Who says you guys weren't the best?? Obviously they weren't of a sound mind.

Comment

I had the same need, so while I am waiting for the app to allow this I just created two .reg files one that sets the PASV key to on and one to set it to off. I just run it in silent mode from the batch file I launch the script from.

Comment

• dan_nazario
          Visitor
          • Jul 2005

Hi Craig,

Love the FTP support and love the product. It saves me hours of work each time I use it!.

Glad to hear you are working on settings for FTP. I just came to the site to see if I could find the answer to the following situation.

When I use FTP, and the home directory is part of the path, the FTP URL will 'eat' the home directory (first part) of the path. I came across using a double slash at the start of the path to fully qualify it but this does not always 'stick'. It seems to revert back.
          For example if I connect to 'server2' as userxyz and I want to look at /topdirectory/procedures/load/data, my URL ends up looking like ftp://userxyz@server2/procedures/load/data. In this case (good practices aside) userxyz's home directory is /topdirectory, but it is removed from the URL path.

So....Could you consider, as part of the FTP changes, using absolute paths (perhaps make it optional).

Also, do you post upcoming features anywhere on the site. I looked and did not find one. I know you mention you are working on certain features in replies to posts; it might be helpful (and cut down on the feature requests) if there was a road map document or something similar to inform people of whats coming up.

Thanks for the great product and the great support!

Comment

• dan_nazario
            Visitor
            • Jul 2005

I see now that I posted that this thread is in part over a year old (my bad). Please consider for a future release. Thanks.

Comment

• Chris
              Team Scooter
              • Oct 2007

Hi Dan,

This is something we'll consider. Needing the double slash might be dependant on the FTP server configuration. Some servers are set to have an FTP user connect to their home directory, and some are set to have the FTP user start out at the root of the file system. When servers are configured to start the user in the home directory, I think the extra slash is required to get outside that. But we'll see if it is possible.
              Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• Zoë
                Team Scooter
                • Oct 2007

Hi Dan,

Yes, this is likely going to change in v3. We're actually doing a lot of work to try to keep the path relative to the initial login directory, but it's a pain to do and we don't think it's as necessary as it seemed at the outset.
                Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

Chris,

Do you mean that you are doing this ("a lot of work to...") in the current version 2.x release and you will go to absolute paths in version 3.x?

Just want to be sure I'm understanding your reply the way you intended.

Thanks

Comment

• Zoë
                    Team Scooter
                    • Oct 2007

That's correct.
                    Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

sweet. Thanks!

Comment

Yes, we plan on making the ftp settings per session in a future release.
                        Hi Craig, I've just purchased Beyond Compare, as it looks like exactly what I need. Like other users, I'm having a problem with the PASV setting, in that some of the sites I FTP to require PASV and others don't. Your comment, quoted above was some time ago. When are we likely to see session based FTP settings? Thanks. Jason.

PS: Aside from this small irk, it's a great app!

Comment

• Chris
                          Team Scooter
                          • Oct 2007

Session based FTP settings will likely be somewhere in the version 3.x release schedule, but we haven't set a specific date for it.
                          Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...