• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Colmac909
    Visitor
    • Nov 2010

Read-only files sync

Help please for a newbie.

First time using the product and just trying to learn. Trying to mirror my Images from a local hard disk to an external USB drive

I've set up a short batch file to be called from the Task Scheduler.

"C:\Program Files\Utils\Beyond Compare 3\bcompare.exe" "@C:\Users\Colin\Documents\ColinProgs\BeyondCompar e\BC_Pic.txt"

I then have a short script as follows

# Turn logging on
    log verbose append:"C:\Users\Colin\Documents\ColinProgs\Beyond Compare\Logs\Pic_Synclog.txt"

# Set comparison criteria
    filter -*.ini;-*.tmp;-*.bak;-~*.*

# Load the base folders
    Load "E:\Pictures" "X:\Images Shadow\Pictures"

sync mirror:left->right

When I run this today, it is pausing each time it finds a Read-only file on the External disk which is to be deleted.

After reading the help file, I added /Silent to the end of the batch file command. The task now completes, but the Read-only files on the external drive are not deleted as the files are still there, aklthough not on the local drive. (the log confirms this).

I must be missing siomething/foing something wrong. Can someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Colin
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Add the command "option confirm:yes-to-all" at the beginning of your script.

This will confirm file operation prompts that you would see interactively about overwriting read-only files.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• Colmac909
      Visitor
      • Nov 2010

[QUOTE=Chris;26645]Add the command "option confirm:yes-to-all" at the beginning of your script.QUOTE]

Perfect

Thanks so much for your help

Comment

Working...