• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sanderpors
    New User
    • Feb 2004

file creation date gets changed

Hello,

Whenever i use the fileviewer to syncronize two files, the creation timestamp of the saved file is changed to. It looks like a completely new file is written to the server.

Yes, my files are on a unix server. Before the change I was the only user that was able to change the file. After the save all my coleages can write to the file too.

Is there something i can do about that? I read the article about the usage of cracks. My company currently has a valid licence for version 2.x, but I do not if any cracks where used previously. You never know what the guy before you did with the PC (those d*mn*d programmers).

Please advice.
  • Zoë
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Re: file creation date gets changed

Hi Sander,

The cracks post was directed towards those who know what they're doing. We're not trying to tell off innocent bystanders.

That said, this isn't a side effect of a crack. BC uses a pair of renames to replaec files when editing them in the file viewer, and this messes up permissions on Unix drives. If you access the site through FTP it just does a regular upload, so that wouldn't have the same problem.

We are considering changing the save command to better handle this situation, but we decided to hold off until after 2.1 was released.
    Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• sanderpors
      New User
      • Feb 2004

Re: file creation date gets changed

Tanks for the quick reply,

We will be looking forward to that update. BC is an integrated part in our development process. Normally the servers are accessed through windows drive-mappings. We have to look into the possibility of accessing them through FTP.

Comment

Working...