X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kwphipps
    Visitor
    • Jun 2004

File format - change file format defaults

In Tools>File Formats dialog box, I changed .csv file format default from text format to data format by selecting the csv format and clicking on the data format icon at the botton of the dialog box. Now, I can not change it back to text format. Is there any way I can do this?

Thanks,
    Ken Phipps
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

The CSV File Format should be a Data file format as default. You can click the New button and create a new Text Format, and associate it with *.csv.

The higher format on the list (either the white icon Text format, or gold icon Data format) is the one used automatically when double clicked in a Folder Compare session. The other format is used if the files are explicitly opened in that specific session type.

Does that help clear things up?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• kwphipps
      Visitor
      • Jun 2004

Ok, so if I have .csv with text format, when in text compare mode, it will show me text. If I also have .csv associated with data format, when in data compare mode it will show me row/col format. Otherwise, I'll get the file view format that is highest in the list.

Thanks for you help.
      Ken

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Correct. Let us know if you have any questions about defining the Text Format, or using either format.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...