X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rvlaming
    New User
    • Jun 2009

Email notification

I would like the possibility to send an automatic email notification (from within a script) when a certain job is done.
    I'm thinking of automatically mailing the status-report and automatically mailing of when a compare is resulted in an error.
    Is that possible with the last version?

I saw in an other thread that at this moment the error-code is always set to 0 but in the reply to that thread I see you are working on that.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Email notifications are on our Customer Wishlist. Currently, you could use a combination of batch file and script. Have the batch file run the script and the script generate a log file, then run an additional custom command to email the log file.

Script can use %date% or %fn_time% as a variable in the filename to give unique names to each log file.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• rvlaming
      New User
      • Jun 2009

Thank you for the very quick answer.
      I can live with an additional custom command, can you advise one such command? I've searched for something like that but didn't find it.

Comment

• Pete
        Fanatic
        • Nov 2007

I use Blat as my command-line emailer (you can search Google for it). However, I don't use it with Beyond Compare so I can't help you with that.

Comment

Working...