• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • micro
    Visitor
    • Jan 2009

Problems with time synchronization

Good morning.
    I have problems when you synchronize files from Windows to Linux.
    When you synchronize files with creation time between 12:00-12:59 AM, at the server are recorded in the previous day's date, then compare the files, tells me that the files have changed, but it is not correct.

Sorry for my English, I'm Spanish.

Thank you very much
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Is this an FTP connection? There is a Preserve timestamps on upload option under your FTP Profiles.

Can you use the Touch command on the files to set the date. It is under the Right-click menu: Touch? You can touch files after a transfer to make sure they show the same time. If Linux does not let you set the time, then you can set the Windows files' time.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• micro
      Visitor
      • Jan 2009

This is an FTP connection.

I've tried the timestamps option but I do not work, and it is difficult to modify the files because they are many and are in many different folders.

Thank you

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Do you have sufficient permissions to use the Touch command to manually set the Timestamps to be equal?

Either the local files, or the FTP files. If so, we can try to work out a solution (manual or automated with Script) to Touch files so they count as equal.

You could also turn on a Content Comparison (Session Settings: Comparison tab: CRC or Binary or Rules-based comparison). This will download all the files on the FTP, however, and can run very slowly if there are a lot of files. If your server supports the xCRC command, then CRC may run quicker (but still slower than a Timestamp comparison).
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• micro
          Visitor
          • Jan 2009

In the FTP server (Linux) I do not have permission to use the touch command, but in my server if it could since I am the administrator.

The problem is that many files are we talking about 125 GB of files.

A few weeks ago I do not know why, I worked all fine, but suddenly I found no way of functioning.

Thank you

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Is it possible some settings have changed on the server so that BC can no longer Touch the timestamps after a transfer? A recent patch or change to your server software? A change to the user account permissions?
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Aaron
              Team Scooter
              • Oct 2007

Also, which Linux server are you running? And which version of the software is it?
              Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...