• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • the1gadget
    Visitor
    • Apr 2009

Error Code

Hi All

I have been using V2 for some time, but I have a problem and I want to know if the behaviour has been changed in V3.

I have a website that can live on a number of different web servers and depending what is happening any of them could be live.

I need to pull the log files from all the servers.

At the moment if I run one script from scheduled task that connects to all servers and the first FTP connections it appears that it failed to connect to any of the servers.

Is it possible for BC to email me if it does come back with an error, or is an error code produced that I can trap in DOS?

--
    David
  • the1gadget
    Visitor
    • Apr 2009

Error Code returned from DOS

Originally posted by the1gadget
    I have been using V2 for some time, but I have a problem and I want to know if the behaviour has been changed in V3.
    I think not.

Just tried it.

In the script I have an FTP connection that will fail. Beyond Compare is called with

C:\PROGRA~1\BEYOND~2\BCompare.exe @"D:\Applications\WebLog\BC2File\website.bc2" /silent

But the error code returned is 0 which is success. This is useless.

Is there a way to get back that there is an error ?

--
    David

Comment

• Zoë
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

The next release willl set the error level when there is a fatal scripting error.
      Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• the1gadget
        Visitor
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Craig
        The next release willl set the error level when there is a fatal scripting error.
        Excellent. Is there an ETA on the release date (even approximate would be useful)?

--
        David

Comment

• Zoë
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Within the next few days; we're just finishing up testing and translations.
          Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• the1gadget
            Visitor
            • Apr 2009

Thanks.
            --
            David

Comment

Working...