How to change file's attributes after sync?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noam
    New User
    • Mar 2009

How to change file's attributes after sync?

Hi all,

I am trying to sync files from my PC with my web site, using SFTP (as required by the host). Since it's a unix machine, in order to have access to the site for other people, files permissions should be set to mode 644 (write and read for "Owner", read for "Group" and for "Other"). However, the sync set the attributes to 640 by default, and I didn't find how to change it. Is there a way?

I used to do this job with the open-source WinSCP program, which enables to define how to set the attributes of the copied files, but I like the interface of BC more.

Thanks.
  • Zoë
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hi Noam,

BC doesn't support automatically changing uploaded file's permissions like WinSCP does, but we will consider adding it. In the meantime, if you select the files you copied and use the "Attributes" command it will allow you to set the permissions explicitly.
    Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• noam
      New User
      • Mar 2009

Thanks.
      I really like the user-friendly interface of BC, so I would like it to be my all-purpose files and directory compare tool. I'll keep forward to see when this feature will be added.

Comment

• bkdotcom
        Enthusiast
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Craig
        Hi Noam,
        BC doesn't support automatically changing uploaded file's permissions like WinSCP does, but we will consider adding it. In the meantime, if you select the files you copied and use the "Attributes" command it will allow you to set the permissions explicitly.
        just came to the forum to request this very feature

Comment

Working...