Merge not working

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbryant

Merge not working

I have to be doing something wrong, but I cannot figure it out. I cannot get the merge functionality to work. I have tried from perforce, I have tried from the command line, but I cannot get it to merge. I always get a two way compare, rather than a three way merge. Is there a configuration thing I am missing?

Darren
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Darren,

Do you have BC3 Standard or BC3 Pro? Merge is only available in BC3 Pro. If you have the standard version it will open as a two way compare instead of a merge.

To see if your license is for the Pro or Standard version, select Help > About Beyond Compare from the menu.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• AndyI
      New User
      • Oct 2009

Would be nice to know!

I just ran into this issue myself. It would be really nice if the program let you know this fact when you tried to initiate a merge (not to mention a sales tool).

Cheers,

--Andy

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello Andy,

We offer a link to a Std vs. Pro article on our Purchase webpage:
        http://www.scootersoftware.com/shop.php?zz=kb_editions
        And you can toggle between the two version in the Trial mode from the Help -> About dialog.

The graphical interface does not show the Text Merge button if you are in Std mode, and Help file should also have a Pro stamp next to any Pro specific features.

Once Std is purchased, we try not to mention or push any of our Pro features on to the user.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...