• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dotnetguy
    New User
    • Jan 2009

Only output difference(s) from left or right hand side

Dear Support,

I just wonder whether in BC3 there is a feature where you can output the differences only from either left or right hand side? Since I need the output text file as an input for another process. Thank you.

Note: I noticed there was an old thread in BC2 > Script Central, which was probably related.. http://www.scootersoftware.com/vbull...ead.php?t=4019 but there was no solution for it...

Kindest regards,
    dotnetguy
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hi dotnetguy,

Sorry, it isn't possible to get unformatted text from only the left or right side using a script. The only way to do it is with an interactive comparison. You can set a display filter (matches, mismatches), then copy the text to the clipboard and paste it into a file.

You can try using the XML dump output option, then parse the output for use in your other program.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• dotnetguy
      New User
      • Jan 2009

Dear Chris,

No worries, thank you for your reply. In my case, it would be best to have this feature available to help process automation easier..

Kindest regards,
      dotnetguy

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

dotnetguy,

Thanks for the suggestion. If you have a more involved automated solution, you may find the XML Dump to be useful in its current state. Have you had a chance to check it out?
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• dotnetguy
          New User
          • Jan 2009

Dear Aaron,

Not yet, I end up using SELECT EXCEPT (SQL) to output the differences.

For your information, the reason is I need to maintain the original data format to minimize additional modification.

It is a good idea, and definitely I will try it when I have a chance. Thank you Aaron for following up.

Kindest regards,
          dotnetguy

Comment

Working...