X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SSnow
    Enthusiast
    • Sep 2008

Minor GUI Flaw in Sessions Drop-Down List

I'm running BC 3.07 in Ubuntu 8.04.1 LTS with no changes to the standard Gnome desktop. When I use the Session drop-down on the toolbar, I see scrollbars on the right and lower sides of the dropdown itself. I have tried grabbing the edges to see if a resizing control is available, but that doesn't work. It doesn't matter what level desktop effects is set to.

My wife is a customer, too, but she runs BC3 under Windows. Her session dropdown looks OK.

This is more a cosmetic issue than a functional one. It's no problem to use the scroll wheel on the mouse to bring the desired session into view so that it can be selected.
  • Zoë
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Thanks for the bug report. I wasn't able to repeat it on Ubuntu 7, but I added it to the bug tracker and we'll try Ubuntu 8 when we get a chance.
    Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• Chris
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

I repeated this in Ubuntu 8.0.4 and updated the information in our bug tracker.
      Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• SSnow
        Enthusiast
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Chris
        I repeated this in Ubuntu 8.0.4 and updated the information in our bug tracker.
        Thanks, Chris. It's a really minor issue. Probably has something to do with the updated Gnome packages in 8.04?

Comment

• panwar.rahul
          New User
          • Dec 2008

Resolution problem in BC3 linux with Genome Desktop

Originally posted by SSnow
          Thanks, Chris. It's a really minor issue. Probably has something to do with the updated Gnome packages in 8.04?
          Hi,
          I am also facing the same problem but not able to find any solution. Do you have any solution for this.

Thanks in advance.
          Rahul

Comment

• SSnow
            Enthusiast
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by panwar.rahul
            Hi,
            I am also facing the same problem but not able to find any solution. Do you have any solution for this.

Thanks in advance.
            Rahul
            Hi, Rahul!

I know of no way to prevent the issue, but I think that Chris was intimating that Scooter Software is tracking the issue and planning to fix it at some point.

The flaw keeps me from seeing the full list of sessions in the dropdown, but I am able to scroll the list by positioning the mouse cursor over the list and using the scroll wheel. That is the easiest way I know of to deal with the problem for now. Otherwise, one could just hit the session button itself, rather than it's dropdown arrow, and select the session from the subsequent screen.

Is that helpful?

Comment

• Aaron
              Team Scooter
              • Oct 2007

Yes. We have a bug tracker entry on this issue. Investigation/Development have to be scheduled out before we can code a fix and release it. There are currently other projects that were already ahead of this one.

I've added your additional notes to the current entry. If there is any other related behavior you'd like to tell us about, please let us know.
              Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• SSnow
                Enthusiast
                • Sep 2008

As I said before, this is a certainly a minor flaw, and I wouldn't expect it to take precedence over more needful issues.

Comment

Working...