Is this a bug in character change highlighting?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alenl
    Enthusiast
    • May 2005

Is this a bug in character change highlighting?

I am comparing these two lines:

meta saved cvar GAME_API extern CString con_strMainFilter = "Info|Log|Warning|Error|Fatal"; _(onChange_func="conUpdateFilters" version="1")

and

meta saved cvar GAME_API extern CString con_strMainFilter = "Info|Log|Warning|Error|Fatal"; _(onChange_func="conUpdateFilters" version="1")

The result looks highlighted like this:

Notice the last "ers" part highlighted in the top line. That looks wrong to me. If you type more text after conUpdateFilters on the bottom line (e.g. conUpdateFilters123), then that disappears if you type an odd number of characters, and reappears as you type an even number of characters.

Is this normal?
  • Zoë
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

This is a couple of things interacting. It's not a bug per se, but it isn't the best behavior either, so I'll add it to our bug tracker.

What's happening is that the "ers" in the first line is lining up with "version". Without a grammar defined those characters will show up as black on both lines, but with the C++ grammer it also considers the fact that the characters are part of a string in the first line and part of an identifier in the second, so they're marked as different even though they match.

If we can improve the intra-character alignment it should fix this.
    Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• alenl
      Enthusiast
      • May 2005

Thanks for the explanation! It makes more sense now. But it wouldn't hurt if you could still fix it.

Comment

Working...