X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Valgarður
    Visitor
    • Jul 2008

Folders in Zip files, sort order of folders

I really like the improved Zip file handling, so to get greedy and ask for more.. Would it be possible to set comparison to a folder (path) inside the Zip file?

And on a similar note, would it be possible to add sorting of folders while browsing to open a folder?

Best wishes,

Valgarður Guðjónsson
  • Zoë
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

You can save a session with a path inside a zip. Either use the "Set as base folder" command to set the appropriate one, or enter the path manually, like "C:\Test.zip\Folder\Folder2". We don't support browsing into them though.

I'm not sure what you mean by sorting the folders though. The folders are already sorted in the browse dialog.
    Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• Valgarður
      Visitor
      • Jul 2008

Thanks, I hadn't noticed the set base folder.

On the second issue, I cannot sort folders by date for example when browsing for folder to open.

Best wishes,

Valgarður Guðjónsson

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
        Carpal Tunnel
        • Oct 2007

From the Home Screen session manager you can sort by date because it uses the Windows Open File dialog.

Perhaps a third option can be added to the ▼ drop list next to the ... button within a compare session that lets the user launch the Windows Open File dialog instead of the BC3 custom Browse Files System dialog?

Browse File System...
        Browse FTP Site...
        Browse Computer...
        BC v4.0.7 build 19761
        ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

Working...