462 for Win: where is "preserve case" control?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnFLand
    Expert
    • Jun 2008

462 for Win: where is "preserve case" control?

Does a "preserve case" control exist for BC3, as there was for BC2? I want to be able to have "NASA report.doc" flagged as different from "Nasa Report.doc" most of the time.

John Land
  • JohnFLand
    Expert
    • Jun 2008

I assume from the silence that there is no ability to "preserve case", as in BC2. Sigh. After doing a sync with BC3, I'll have to follow-up with an identical synce in BC2 just to catch filename changes.

Comment

• Chris
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Hi John,

BC3 only supports character case settings for FTP, FTPS, and SFTP servers right now. To change the setting, select Tools > FTP Profiles and check or uncheck "Filenames are case sensitive" in the General tab.

It isn't possible to treat filenames as case sensitive for local or network drives in the current version of BC3. Improving this is on the todo list for our developers.
      Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• JohnFLand
        Expert
        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Chris
        It isn't possible to treat filenames as case sensitive for local or network drives in the current version of BC3. Improving this is on the todo list for our developers.

Yes, it IS too bad that the BC2 source code for the function went missing and has to be redone...

Comment

Working...