• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave_L
    Veteran
    • Dec 2007

KDE context menu changes (build 461)

[Build 461 (.deb package) on MEPIS 7]

In this build, there were some enhancements to the KDE context menu functionality, including changing the name of KDE action file (in ~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus/) from beyondcompare.desktop to beyondcompare_select.desktop.

The old file (beyondcompare.desktop) was not automatically deleted by the Debian package installer, so I manually deleted it. If it's not deleted, the content menu functions are partially duplicated in a submenu.

This would only apply to an upgrade from a previous build, and not a new install.
    Last edited by Dave_L; 04-Jul-2008, 05:36 PM.
  • Jacques
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Thanks, this will be fixed in the next release.

Comment

• chrroe
      Pooh-Bah
      • Oct 2007

I have some problems with the context-menu activation of build 462 (RPM) unter KDE 4 running on openSUSE 11:

Both files

/usr/lib/beyondcompare/context_init.sh
      /usr/lib/beyondcompare/kde_context_menu

are checking an environment variable called $KDE_SESSION_VERSION.

In my openSUSE installation (standard from DVD-iso) there are absolutely no variables set beginning with KDE_.
      So the bash scripts effectively do nothing for KDE4. In order to solve it I executed the commands from the scripts manually and now the context menu entries appear propperly.

Is there a different way to detect KDE4 than these env variables?

Bye
      Christoph

[EDIT]:
      That was my fault!
      I executed the scripts within PuTTY session under Windows. There no KDE_ variables are set.
      Now I tried to execute the scripts within a Konsole session in KDE 4 and there the variables are present.
      The install scripts all ran perfectly.

Maybe this should be mentioned in the instructions?
      Last edited by chrroe; 08-Jul-2008, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• Jacques
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

It probably wouldn't hurt mention something I suppose.

Anyway it isn't crucial that those scripts are run at install time, if you look in the shell script which launches BC, we invoke the same scripts there as well. This was a simple solution to create context menus in case they don't exist after installation.

Comment

Working...