X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • her7
    New User
    • Jun 2008

comparision align

Sometimes the compare algorithm aligns badly. I don't know the details of the algo, but may be a context from both directions ignoring white spaces or so would do better. An example is attached where this happens, see line 213.

Excellent tool!, though, keep it up!

BTW uploading is a tricky business here!

Regards,
    Herbert
  • chrroe
    Pooh-Bah
    • Oct 2007

Hi Herbert!

You are obviously using a 2.x Version of Beyond Compare (according to your screenshots), although you posted in the 3.0 beta forum section. Try out the 3.0 beta yourself.
    I compared your attached sample files with version 3.0 build 457 and they got aligned properly like in yout bottom screenshot, even with syntax-highlightning.

Bye
    Christoph

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

You can also alter the alignment and importance of our default Python rule. In your sample files, I believe it is the leading whitespace that is the primary cause for that alignment. If you edit the rule (Tools->Edit Current Rule), go to the Importance tab, and mark Leading Whitespace as Unimportant. Leading Whitespace will then appear as blue (if the toggle Show Whitespace is on, and Ignore Unimportant Differences is off).
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...