X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmeldrum
    New User
    • May 2008

How to "Ignore Unimportant differences"

I would like to setup a rule to ignore any differences that match a certain regular expression criteria. I have tried going into session-->Session Settings-->Importance-->Edit Grammar and set it up there. I seem to be doing something wrong. Can this be done?

Example:

Left Side:
    drwxr-xr-x 9 root root 1048 2008-05-28 10:13 htdocs

Right Side:
    drwxr-xr-x 9 root root 1048 2008-04-09 16:07 htdocs

In this example I do not want the section "2008-05-28 10:13" show up in Red as an important difference. Showing up in blue or nothing at all would be great. If the rights are different I would like it to show up in red.

I have put "[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]-[0-9][0-9]-[0-9][0-9][\s][0-9][0-9]:[0-9][0-9]" as a regular expression in the line weight section and it seems not honor it.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Your regEx seems to match your date format. There are probably better ways to define it, but for now it should show up as blue. Is it showing up as red and that is the problem?

What do you mean by "if the rights are different, I would like to show up as red"?
    By Rights, you mean "drwxr-xr-x" section at the beginning of the line? Is there another rule that may be defining that as Unimportant?

If you could, email you BC Settings (Help menu -> Support; Export) .zip and a pair of sample files expressing the problem to [email protected]

Then we can recreate what you are seeing here and try to troubleshoot.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
      Carpal Tunnel
      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by jmeldrum
      I have put "[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]-[0-9][0-9]-[0-9][0-9][\s][0-9][0-9]:[0-9][0-9]" as a regular expression in the line weight section and it seems not honor it.
      Your regex is incorrect.
      You've place a "-" after the first four digits. The sample text shows a space in that position.

P.S. It would be shorter to use \d instead of [0-9] for a digit.

\d\d\d\d\s\d\d\d\d-\d\d-\d\d\s\d\d:\d\d
      BC v4.0.7 build 19761
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

Working...