X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ron
    Fanatic
    • Dec 2007

Ignored on context menu

Seems like it's meant to scratch through items I don't care about while sifting through a compare of many folders? That way I don't have to filter them but can know which ones I've 'examined'.

If my assumptions are correct, I'm thinking drawing a line through the item would be nicer. But wait, I'm experimenting as I compose...choosing ignore on an item that was != in the root of the base folder, actually removes it from view. Doing the same on an item that's inside a folder just changes the text to dark black but leaves it in the list shown as !=.

So I must not have a good understanding of what this is for...
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

I think the "ignored" command ignores differences for a pair of files. If a file is different and you use the "Ignored" command, it will be treated as a matching file for filters like "Show Differences" and "Show Same".
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• ron
      Fanatic
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by ron

...choosing ignore on an item that was != in the root of the base folder, actually removes it from view. Doing the same on an item that's inside a folder just changes the text to dark black but leaves it in the list shown as !=.
      But I was seeing a different behavior than expected. Shouldn't ignoring an item in the base folder treat it the same as an item ignored in a sub-folder?

Comment

• Zoë
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

I'm going to guess that the one you ignored in the subfolder you had already opened in the file viewer and the one in the root folder you hadn't. When you compare files in the file viewer we set a little "don't refilter" flag to keep it there until you refresh/refilter the view/change the files. It looks like we just aren't clearing that flag when the "Ignore" command is used.
        Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• ron
          Fanatic
          • Dec 2007

That correct, I just confirmed it. Once you open the file in the viewer, the Ignore command Ignores any attempt to Ignore the file

Comment

Working...