X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

New Forum!

Hello everyone! I've started this new forum for news and discussions specific to BC version 3.

We've been working on our BC3 prototype, code-named "Cirrus", for some time now. We're getting close to showing it off to a small group of users for feedback, then working up to a larger private beta group. By the end of this year we hope to have a stable, productive, public beta out.

Watch here for more news concerning our beta signup!
    Tim T Scooter Software
  • dlprice
    Visitor
    • Dec 2007

Re: New Forum!

Great news! I, for one, have anxiously been waiting for news of v3. I am looking forward to see what Cirrus will bring. Thanks for a great product.

Comment

Can you give us some ideas on what BC3 will look like?

Comment

• Tim
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Publicly we're keeping it a bit under wraps for now, but I'll be posting more info here in the coming weeks, and perhaps I'll upload a screenshot or two.
        Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

• rodolfog
          Enthusiast
          • Feb 2004

I would like to apply to start testing B.C. 3 as soon as possible.

Thank You very much

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Comment

• chrroe
            Pooh-Bah
            • Oct 2007

Me, too

Comment

• Tim
              Team Scooter
              • Oct 2007

We're anxious to show off Cirrus also!

We'll start by inviting some of our frequent contributors for a "technology preview". Then I'll be posting a signup link here (in a week or two), so we can put together a private beta group.
              Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

• miki
                • Nov 2007

We'll wait screenshot of the new "Cirrus" (BC3)

Miki
                Beyond Compare® BC2 v2.5.3 build 253
                Beyond Compare® BC3 v3.0.13 build 9597
                http://michele.beriola.it/

Comment

Have you thought about porting BC3 to (Intel) Macintosh or Linux? Ive tried all their file and directory diff/merge tools and nothing even comes close to BC2. Much less BC3.

Comment

• Tim
                    Team Scooter
                    • Oct 2007

Here's a Cirrus screenshot that shows a bit of the new file viewer with full-screen editing and syntax highlighting enabled. Notice that the matching lines hidden by the display filter can be expanded, to study more code in the vacinity of a mismatch.
                    Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

• Tim
                      Team Scooter
                      • Oct 2007

As I mentioned in my other post today, we're working on a BC3 for Linux version. Beyond Compare is written in Delphi, and from the beginning of our BC3 work we've tried to keep both VCL (Win32) and CLX (Qt) compatibility going.
                      Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

Even thought I do not post very much I use BC almost every daty. I beta test BC 2 and would be interested in beta testing BC 3.

Comment

• claude
                          Visitor
                          • Nov 2007

This a repost of a previous post because I was not logged in when I posted and my name was not attached to the post.

Even thought I do not post very much I use BC almost every daty. I beta tested BC 2 and would be interested in beta testing BC 3.

Comment

• Brian Gladman
                            Visitor
                            • Apr 2008

We're anxious to show off Cirrus also!

We'll start by inviting some of our frequent contributors for a "technology preview". Then I'll be posting a signup link here (in a week or two), so we can put together a private beta group.
                            I would like to register my interest in participating in BC3 beta testing on the Windows platform.

Brian Gladman

Comment

As I mentioned in my other post today, we're working on a BC3 for Linux version. Beyond Compare is written in Delphi, and from the beginning of our BC3 work we've tried to keep both VCL (Win32) and CLX (Qt) compatibility going.
                              I'm really glad to hear you will have a Linux version of BC3. I've used Beyond Compare at work for years, and it truly is beyond compare. The only reason I've never bought a copy for myself is the fact that it is Windows only. My home computer is a Thinkpad running FreeBSD, and Beyond Compare is one of only a very few apps I miss from the Windows world.

While I'd prefer a native FreeBSD binary, all I really ask is that you ensure your Linux binary is fully functional under FreeBSD's Linux emulation. You do that, and I'll cheerfully buy BC3 Pro Win32+Linux. My credit card is standing by...

(Oh, and I found out about BC3 at donationcoder.com while googling for SFTP support in Beyond Compare. If you could toss that into BC3, that'd be swell, too.)

Thanks!

Comment

Working...