X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brewdev
    New User
    • Feb 2008

Tortoise CVS Integration Problem

Just installed 3.0 beta for the first time (build 445) and I'm very impressed.

I'm having an issue integrating it with Tortoise cvs. In tortoise cvs preferences I set the "Diff application" and "merge application" to C:\Program Files\Cirrus\Cirrus.exe. I leave the "Two-Way diff parameters" and Two-way merge parameters" fields blank (maybe I shouldn't?). When I try to actually compare a two versions of a file in tortoise, Beyond Compare opens but it opens at the "Start New Session" screen and the comparison window never opens (nor is it in any tabs).

Is there anyway I can resolve this issue?

Also note that in the Tools->Source Control Integration window in BC, it reports "No Providers Detected".

Thanks
  • Zoë
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

It looks like you have to provide parameters for TortoiseCVS. The "Two-way diff parameters" should be:
    "%1" "%2"
    the two-way merge parameters should be:
    "%mine" "%yours"

CVS doesn't natively support the source control API we use. The add-ons that do support it for CVS are listed in the public forums at: http://www.scootersoftware.com/ubbth...=0&Number=3198

Alternatively, you can just use the "Explorer" submenu, which should have all the Tortoise commands in it, just like it normally would.
    Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• brewdev
      New User
      • Feb 2008

Thank you for your help, those parameters did the trick.

Comment

Working...