X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikeg
    New User
    • Jun 2006

How to compare .tar.gz or the .ear and .jars

I have two .tar.gz files for two different builds of a release and within them are an .ear files that have various .jar files within the .ear. If I try doing a compare on the .tar.gz, I'm not getting any differences, which I know there are. I could also do a compare on the .ear if it would treat that as an archive, which I have selected that option, but it doesn't seem to be getting to the .jars less alone th e .class files below that, which is what I ultimatly want. I have created a saved session which says do a binary comparison under the criteria and I have selected the option to always treat archive files as folder. Is there something I'm missing? Here is the script I'm using. I have modified the path in my .bat file to go the folder where the .ear, the .ear itself and the .tar.gz. It doesn't matter which I have to do it. If I have to manually unzip the files. That is fine. I would hope I don't have to unzip each .jar manually to do the compare. Thanks.

BCScript.txt
    log normal "c:\temp\BeyondCompare\BClog.txt"
    load Property
    load "%1" "%2"
    expand all
    folder-report layout:side-by-side &
    options:display-mismatches &
    output-to:"%2.html" &
    output-options:html-color

RunBCScript.bat

C:\"Program Files"\"Beyond Compare 2"\BC2.exe @C:\temp\BeyondCompare\BCScript.txt C:\temp\SRM11.0.2\srm11000205.biskit030839.was5\sr m11000205.biskit030839\ C:\temp\SRM11.0.2\srm11000206.biskit030840.was5\sr m11000206.biskit030840\
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Re: How to compare .tar.gz or the .ear and .jars

The script looks correct.

It might be that BC isn't picking up the right comparison criteria from the Property session. Try changing the script to:

Code:
    BCScript.txt
    log normal "c:\temp\BeyondCompare\BClog.txt"
    load Property
    criteria binary
    load "%1" "%2"
    expand all
    folder-report layout:side-by-side &
    options:display-mismatches &
    output-to:"%2.html" &
    output-options:html-color
    Also, I think jar and ear files are really just zip files. If they're just zip files, zip files store crc values with the zip, so a CRC comparison will probably be much faster than a binary comparison if your .tar.gz is large.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...