I love Beyond Compare with one caveat...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Beyond Compare with one caveat...

Why oh why does the error bar on the left hand side not fit within one screen and instead scroll off ??
    Many times Ive opened a document and assumed no errors, when instead I needed to scroll through and manually check. Please in future versions give us the option to have the error bar fixed size to the screen with no scroller!!
  • chrroe
    Pooh-Bah
    • Oct 2007

Re: I love Beyond Compare with one caveat...

Hi!

Some days ago this topic was already discussed in this forum.
    Result: This feature is already on the wish list for a future release. But only the programmers from scootersoftware are able to guess, when it could be realized ...

To solve your problem with seeing if a pair of files differ or not, there are solutions:
    <ul type="square">[*]In the very left corner at the bottom of the fileviewer you can see an indication if the files are different or equal. It tells you even how many different areas were detected.
    [*]In the View menu you can change the display filter for the fileviewer. Switch to "Just differences" or "Differences with Context". Now you can see all differences better. You can assign a keyboard shortcut to filter switching, thus toggling the view can be done quickly. A default filter can be selected, too ...[/list]

Hope this helps

Bye
    Christoph

Comment

Re: I love Beyond Compare with one caveat...

Simpler still.

In Options / Startup tick the "Open viewer automatically if files don't match" (with "Show dialog with quick comparison result" ticked too obviously)
      If the files match, a quick simple dialog would tell you this (with an option to still open the file viewer if you so desire). If there are differences it will bypass said dialog and automatically go to the file viewer.

While in the file viewer another tell tale sign that there are differences is the "next/previous" difference arrows which would otherwise both be greyed out.

Comment

Working...