How can I generate folder-report with context?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I generate folder-report with context?

I want to compare all files under 2 folders, so I use folder-report, but also I want to generate a report with dismach-context like file-report, however I found no way. Can anyone help me?
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Re: How can I generate folder-report with context?

Do you want to generate a concatenated diff with context of all files in two folders?

file-report operates on the currently selected files, so if you want a concatenated diff, you can use a script something like:
    Code:
    load folder1 folder2
    expand all
    select all.files
    file-report layout:side-by-side options:display-context output-to:c:\report.txt
    There isn't a way to produce a single combined folder-report and file-report using the current version of BC, so if you want both you'll have to include both a file-report and folder-report command in your script.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

I tried this script Chris suggested and for me all it outputs is one line that says:
      FILE COMPARISON Produced: 1/5/2006 10:39:57 AM Mode: Differences with Context File: c:\temp\html-color

Here's my script ...
      log normal "C:\temp\bclog.txt"
      load esat_cleanesatJan5_filtered
      expand all
      select all.files
      file-report layout:side-by-side options:display-context output-options: html-color output-to:compare.html

The only way I changed it was to load a saved session of two folders that are already filtered instead of load folder1 folder2. And I added the output-options: html-color

Here's the log output:
      1/5/2006 10:39:57 AM >> log normal "C:\temp\bclog.txt"
      1/5/2006 10:39:57 AM >> load esat_cleanesatJan5_filtered
      1/5/2006 10:39:57 AM Load Comparison: C:\ESAT <-> C:\ESAT_CLEANJAN5
      1/5/2006 10:39:57 AM >> expand all
      1/5/2006 10:39:57 AM >> select all.files
      1/5/2006 10:39:57 AM >> file-report layout:side-by-side options:display-context output-options: html-color output-to:compare.html

There were no errors. It just didn't give the report like it would if I were doing it from the GUI.

Any ideas why it's not working? Thanks.

Lynn

Comment

• Chris
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

I think the problem might be that you have a space between output-options and html-color.

I tested your script, and after I deleted the space it worked.

If that doesn't solve the problem, it might also be that the filters in your saved session are filtering out all files so there isn't anything to select. To check for that case, change the load statement to specify the folder names instead of loading a saved session.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...