ZIP folder compares to directory structure.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RogerOlfert
    New User
    • Jul 2005

ZIP folder compares to directory structure.

HELP NEEDED: I have a situation where I have made large zip folders that contain backups of portions of a directory structures. In this example, each zip folder is perhaps 10% of the entire directory structure making each one 100mb to 400mb. I copy these zip folders/files onto CDs for safe keeping.

Now after an amount of time, I would like to see if the zip backup folders are current or where they are not current.

I believe that I see BC2 has the ability to treat a zip file as a folder structure in the Advanced Comparison Control dialogs. I have attempted to make this work, but have not been successful. Can anyone help set out the specific steps that I need in order to make this work?

PS. Love this program.
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Re: ZIP folder compares to directory structure.

Hi Roger,

I think you're referring to the "Always treat archive files as folders" check box in the Advanced tab of Session|Comparison Control. With this setting turned on BC will expand archive files when you select View|Expand All.

This setting won't make foo.zip on one side match up with a directory named foo on the other side. The only way to compare the contents of a zip to a folder is to load both of them as base folders.

Matching zip files to corresponding folders for comparison is on our wish list for a future version of Beyond Compare.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...