• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sandeepk1999
    New User
    • Jul 2005

Automate Script in ASP

Hi

I'm trying to automate the comparison of 2 files inside an ASP page, Win XP, IIS 6.0.

I'm trying with the following code, but does not see the file getting executed.

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    strRunCmd=sEXEPath + " " + " @" & sPath & "\B.txt"
    Call WshShell.Run(strRunCmd, 0, False)
    Set WshShell = Nothing

Do you have any samples or references or can you please help me here to fix it?

Thanks
    Sandeep
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Re: Automate Script in ASP

I'm not familiar with ASP.net, but it looks like you are only passing one file name in the strRunCmd line. Is the other file name hard coded into your script?

Does your script work correctly with the same set of arguments on the command line?

I haven't tried to run BC from asp.net, but it might also be worth using the /silent command line switch to make sure the scripting window won't be displayed.

Looking at a log might also help to find out what is wrong. To log it, add the command log verbose c:\logfile.txt.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• ElPapyo
      Visitor
      • Feb 2004

Re: Automate Script in ASP

You could also have some trouble with users rights under IIS : usually IIS run under a special account with reduced rights on disks/networks, use a tool like filemon from http://www.sysinternals.com for diagnose rights access problem when you are sure for your BC script.

Comment

Working...