SFTP profile: How to specify starting/initial folder ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jezzer
    Expert
    • Sep 2013

SFTP profile: How to specify starting/initial folder ?

I created an SFTP profile and connected to the server fine. I can navigate into a folder and set as Base folder, which appends "?<folder path>" to the profile name in the path edit box.

But.... How do I set the initial folder in the profile ?

The "FTP Access" help section mentions an "Initial remote folder" field, but I can't find that anywhere.

BTW, in the Help Index, there is an entry "SFPT" with a child "authentication". I assume the parent should be SFTP (of which there is already one).
    FlexiTimer - interval/fitness timer app for iOS. http://flexitimer.com
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

The Profile does not have a location for an initial directory, and only stores the information specific for the server. You could save a Session with the "profilerofilename?subfolder/subsubfolder" syntax to have an initial directory. The Browse dialog can also load the FTP Server and browse to a sub location as well. You can also type/use the syntax: "ftp://user@ftpip/subfolder/subsubfolder/"

Thanks for the documentation typo update. We'll get that fixed.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• jezzer
      Expert
      • Sep 2013

As you can select a Profile to be used as the Base folder, it seems odd that an initial folder is not a Profile setting.

Given that you've just re-worked the profiles dialog, can you consider adding intial folder as a profile setting ?
      FlexiTimer - interval/fitness timer app for iOS. http://flexitimer.com

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

It *is* possible.

We're still gathering feedback from the beta, and the Profiles dialog was one of the big changes in the last release. We'll look into this.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...