X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ScottG
    Visitor
    • Jun 2013

Error Importing Sessions via XML

I'm getting an error when attempting to import session settings using an XML file.

The Error dialog appears after clicking Next > on the file selection dialog. The message reads:

Import file has an unsupported format.

I have tried XML files created by BC4 and by BC3. The BC3 XML file does successfully import into BC3. Both XML files were created by exporting only session settings.

Scott
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Could you email us this BCSessions.xml to [email protected]? Please include a link to this forum thread as a reference in the email.

You may need to rename BCSessions.xml to BCSessions.txt to help it get past email filters.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Hello,

We just fixed a issue where custom Named.xmls would throw an error. Were these originally named something other than BCSessions.xml? That would explain the behavior you are running into (and should be fixed in the next release).

If you rename it to "BCSessions.xml" before the import, does this work for you?
      If you need custom names, then during the Export it should prompt to create a BCSessions.bcpkg. A bcpkg file (or zip file) can have any custom name in the current version.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• ScottG
        Visitor
        • Jun 2013

Issue resolved, it was the renaming of the XML file that caused the problem. I had used a custom name during the export.

Thanks,

Scott

Comment

Working...