X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sumangalam
    Expert
    • May 2008

New ICON for BC4?

Can we please have a new ICON for BC4 - including in Explorer Menu.

May be something like the attached?

With Regards

Sanjiv Bansal
  • mdes
    • Apr 2008

Agreed
    Michel Dessaintes
    Modérateur du Forum Francophone & Traducteur Officiel de BC2/BC3/BC4 en Français

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Thanks for the feedback. We weren't planning on updating the icons style (but have updated to add higher resolutions with better detail).

Why would you like a different style icon? For when BC3 and BC4 are installed at the same time? Would it be for just the beta period?
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• sumangalam
        Expert
        • May 2008

New Icon.

Hello,

Yes, you are right new Icon will be more relevant, only when BC3 and BC4 are installed at the same time. However, you know better about the time BC4 Betas are going to continue. For that much of time different Icons will help, thereafter no one will remember.

With Regards

Sanjiv Bansal

Comment

• sumangalam
          Expert
          • May 2008

Hello,

I find that loading a WorkSpace, closes previously loaded sessions/workspaces. So, I may want to have BC3 as well as BC4 installed at the same time for a longer period of time than just the Beta Period. So, that I can have two separate workspaces open at the same time.

Further, I just noticed that there is feature to open another instance of "Beyond Compare" via "Open With" feature of Beyond Compare. In that scenario I may want to open an instance of BC3 from BC4 or vice versa.

A new BC4 ICON will help in these situations.

With Regards

Sanjiv Bansal

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Hello,

Specifically for workspaces, you can use the /solo command line so each new launch is a separate process. Each process can then open a Workspace. You can create a new Desktop shortcut with /solo to launch a new process/window each time it's needed.

*Instead of multiple major versions, you can install a separate Portable Install of the same version for multiple installations. This would be if you need to test entirely separate sets of settings.
            On my system, for example, I have my own BC3 and BC4 installs in Program Files (x86), and I also have portable installs of BC3 and BC4 on my desktop or in C:\Beyond Compare\ for additional testing/scenarios.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...