X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdaugherty
    New User
    • Oct 2013

Enchancement Request - Closing App if Windows Closed

Is it possible to have an option in preferences to auto-close the Beyond Compare application if all windows are closed? I'm using it from IntelliJ to compare git changes, and would prefer to keep the application closed if I didn't open it originally.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

We are currently trying to match standard Mac behavior here. Are you familiar with another program on OSX that has an option similar to this that we can research?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• naiiawah
      Enthusiast
      • Jun 2013

MacVIM does it. I requested the same thing here: http://www.scootersoftware.com/vbull...ad.php?t=11916

MacVIM isn't the only one though. Mac's app store, System preferences, and several other Apple supplied apps do it as well.

Comment

• Zoë
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

I wouldn't say either the App Store or System Preferences are a great model, since they both only have one window and don't make much sense if it isn't open. Which other Apple apps do it, and is it an option or does it occur all the time?

One of the comments we received from survey we just sent out asked us to give focus back to the launching app when a compare is launched using the bcomp launcher app, and I'm more inclined to do that if that would solve the problem better. EDIT: To clarify, it would give back focus when a particular comparison is closed, even if BC is still running with other windows open.
        Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• nikolaus
          Expert
          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Craig
          One of the comments we received from survey we just sent out asked us to give focus back to the launching app when a compare is launched using the bcomp launcher app, and I'm more inclined to do that if that would solve the problem better. EDIT: To clarify, it would give back focus when a particular comparison is closed, even if BC is still running with other windows open.
          Personally, I like the sound of this behaviour a lot.

Comment

• mciobanu
            New User
            • Feb 2012

Any update? I guess not enough users care enough about this, as there are no posts for more than 10 years, but I just started a new job and I have to use a Mac again, and it would be nicer for the control to return straight to my IDE after running a comparison and pressing ESC.

Comment

• Aaron
              Team Scooter
              • Oct 2007

Hello,

Sorry, no. We didn't get much feedback on the subject, though we are still monitoring it as an old wishlist entry. I'll bump it a bit with your notes.
              Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• prodehghan
                New User
                • Mar 2024

Just to bump up the request, I should add that I also love to see the feature of getting back the focus when the windows is closed.

Thanks

Comment

• Aaron
                  Team Scooter
                  • Oct 2007

Appreciate the feedback!
                  Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...