X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gimpster
    Journeyman
    • Sep 2011

Sideways scrolling doesn't work

I use a Magic Trackpad or the internal trackpad on my MBP exclusively, so I'm quite in the habit of being able to scroll sideways by swiping 2 fingers left/right. However, this doesn't scroll sideways in BC4, it ends up being translated into up/down scrolling. Is there a user preference to control this? I couldn't find one. If not, I'd consider this a bug.
  • tsoslow
    Visitor
    • Mar 2008

Side scrolling

This is a major issue for me with 3-way merges. When fitting 3 windows of code, I often cannot see the whole line and need to scroll to the right to see the differences. OS X has us very used to not using scroll bars because they are usually hidden, so having the horizontal scrolling via trackpad or mighty mouse is extremely important. I'm not sure how easy (or even possible) this is with delphi.

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Thanks for the report. We'll look into this and see if we can add it in.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• ThomasW
        Visitor
        • Apr 2013

+1 for this

For me this is an important feature. Would be great if you can implement this.

Thanks for the great software,
        Thomas

Comment

• tsoslow
          Visitor
          • Mar 2008

Thanks for adding this feature in the newest release! It looks like it is only moving at one (slow) speed, while the vertical scrolling moves at variable speeds depending on how fast you move your trackpad/mouse wheel. There are also artifacts with the diagonal lines (that signify that one side has no content).

I almost don't want to give you these bugs because I'm so happy that you implemented one of the most important features for me, but I also want the product to get better. Thanks!

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

We appreciate the testing and report. Thanks for the continued feedback. We'll look into it.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...