X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NGFrankW
    Visitor
    • Jan 2012

Registry compare parsing error

I have exported two unicode registry files from a Windows CE device and get a parsing error with this syntax:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\image/bmp\Bits]
    "0"=hex:\
    02,00,00,00,FF,FF,42,4D

I assume the common backslash to separate the hex data is not supported by Beyound Compare.
    Tested with BC v3.3.3, build 14128.

Frank
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Thanks for the report. We are collecting different test cases to help find any issues with our parsing in the Registry Compare. I'll open a tracker entry to investigate this one; in the meantime, please use the Text Compare to compare your .reg files with this parsing problem.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• NGFrankW
      Visitor
      • Jan 2012

The registry compare works now perfectly.
      Thanks Aaron

Another Question:
      I have a BC3 Pro licence key (max. 65 users) for the Windows Version and would like to use BC also for Linux.
      Not for all 65 users but only for one.
      Have we to purchase a seperate Linux license ?

Best regards
      Frank

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

It would be best to email into [email protected] so they can help you with this question.

Upgrading just part of a license can be difficult to deploy; it would require scrubbing the current license from all of the Windows machines and redeploying both licenses. The likely recommended solution would be to purchase the smaller count Linux license separately, but sales will be able to provide better advice given your exact license scenario, the number you would need to upgrade, etc.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...