Folder Sync - Modified date error - Bug ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crandel
    New User
    • Mar 2011

Folder Sync - Modified date error - Bug ?

Hi,
    I'm comparing two folders, one local and one remote (FTP) with Folder Sync. I find that showed date is the create date and not the modification date.
    Furthermore, I compare the same folders with Folder Compare, with good result.

Is a bug ? or a need to select something?

v3.2.4 build 13298
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Our Folder Sync session (and Folder Compare session) only display and use the Last Modified date of files. Are you seeing the created date in the Modified column?

One issue that sometimes comes up is that when a file is copied from local to server, it will get the timestamp of the transfer (creation date) on the server side. We cannot always preserve the timestamp when copied to a server. We have a few strategies for dealing with this scenario if this is what you are running into.

If that is not what you are running into, could we get a bit more information? You mention it is a local to remote Sync session; which side is showing the created date instead of modified date? Which program are you using to verify the Created and Modified Dates outside of Beyond Compare? Would it be possible to get a few screenshots?

You can post the screenshots or email them to us at [email protected]. If you email us, please include a link back to this forum post for reference. Thanks.

Please let us know if you have any questions.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• buggers
      Journeyman
      • Dec 2008

I too am seeing this in v3.3.3 (trial) -> 2 FAT32 filesystems, one local, one external usb. I think Crandel is talking about the date of the folder, not the containing files.
      It appears to show a folder's creation time, instead of the folder's modified time (can verify the difference when looking at the folders in explorer, which shows modified).
      I know this used to function correctly in BC v2 when I used it at an old workplace.
      Would be nice also to be able to compare the timestamps of folders, maybe changing the color of the text for the date/time, so not to be confused with folder content differences.
      Last edited by buggers; 05-Jan-2012, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

BC3's Last Modified column should match the Windows Explorer Last Modified column. If you enable the Created Date column in Explorer, which timestamp do you see there?

I tried to verify this on my system, comparing a fat usb device folder to itself, and saw the folder timestamps behave as expected.

We do not currently support comparing folder timestamps, since Windows controls updating their timestamps whenever content is copied or changed inside. (You should see the same updates/behavior occur if you use BC3 or Windows Explorer to perform a copy into a folder, if it does update).
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...