Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sergioclemente
    New User
    • May 2012

Please let me know when you guys have a beta.

Comment

• mryan
      Expert
      • Apr 2012

Thanks for the update! I'm really getting excited here!

Comment

• Chris
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

If you can't wait until we release our Mac native version of Beyond Compare, Codeweavers has updated information about running Beyond Compare on the Mac using CrossOver X:

http://www.codeweavers.com/via/beyondcompare
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• Ben C
          New User
          • Jun 2012

Thanks for the update!

For the moment I have BC working tolerably well in Wine. I've made a little wrapper script to translate Unix paths to Wine paths so that it can be used for Git etc. If anyone else is interested, I've uploaded it to Github.

Comment

• ncr100
            Enthusiast
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Craig
            soup,
            What else do you want to know? We aren't going to discuss release dates yet. I could say how far along specific features are, but it won't really help: it's the full version and some large features go quickly and some small issues take a long time.
            I want to know - do you have time-travel technology and can you send me into the future when you have this app available?

No pressure.

The intra-line diffing, and "compare arbitrary file X to arbitrary file Y", and "show me hierarchically which files are different between these two folders", and the merge-edit-flow are the killer features of BC. I look forward to upgrading my BC2 license to BC3(4) for Mac.

Comment

• Atlant
              Visitor
              • May 2010

In case the choir's not singing loudly enough already...

I'm very glad that a Mac port is coming; I've mentioned before that I'm a very satisfied BC customer and the only disatisfaction I have with BC is that this excellent tool hasn't been available to me on my Macs.

I'd gladly write you the check today...

Atlant

Comment

• gks
                Visitor
                • Oct 2010

Very excited!

I just checked back in about BC3 for Mac and found that you guys have it under development. I can't wait. I have been using Delta Walker and while it is a good product and they have sorted out some bugs from the first version I purchased, it still pales in comparison to Beyond Compare in ease of use, UI, and features. Looking forward to BC OSX! BC remains for me one of the most important pieces of software I own.

Comment

• orefalo
                  New User
                  • Jun 2012

Just another msg to express my desire to see this excellent piece of software BC3 ported to the Mac in cocoa and not using some cross technologies. Ultraedit is the perfect example of what to avoid.

There is really no affordable merge tool on the mac, Araxis is overpriced and well behind bc3 in terms of features. Deltacompare is ok but slow, the others are poor at 3 way merge.

The 1st msg in this post was dated 2007, well it's about time you consider the Mac as a growing platform ;-/

Comment

• Zoë
                    Team Scooter
                    • Oct 2007

Hi orefalo,

Can you go into some detail on what UltraEdit does poorly that we should avoid?

We're a small company (3 programmers, 8 employees total), so a cross-platform toolkit is the only way we'll be able to get the full BC experience ported quickly and maintained long term. There are plenty of native Cocoa diff utilities with less features, and people are still asking for BC, so we're hoping everyone will accept a less native look and feel in the first release if the tradeoff is getting it 2 years sooner.

As for the requests dating back to 2007 that's not something we had a lot of control over. Beyond Compare is written in Delphi, Delphi didn't have Mac support until last year, and what has been released needs lots of work. It was actually delayed a year and changed extensively from what we were expecting, and that's messed up our scheduling too.
                    Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• marcode
                      New User
                      • Jun 2012

Looking forward to the Mac version

Like many others on the forum, I keep coming back every few months to see what's happening.

I'm glad that the 2 of you are working almost exclusively on the Mac version. I look forward to trying it out when it's ready.

Good luck

Comment

• ovalsquare
                        Visitor
                        • Aug 2008

Sign me up too!

Sign me up whenever you have something ready. Been trying to use DeltaWalker, and...well, it's one of the few apps on the Mac that pales in comparison to a Windows app. I'd run it in a VM like so many other things, but the whole point is to do local volumes compared over the network or SFTP.

Comment

• dennis.r
                          New User
                          • Jul 2012

Hello, Scooter Software!

Same here, I check every once in while for a Mac version of Beyond Compare. I have been using it at work for years and now I want a personal license for home use. I also have a cheque ready for you guys!

Please note that there the competition is getting close, I am sure you know this: there is app available through the App Store called "VisualDiffer". I've tried and it seems like a very basic copy of Beyond Compare but I can't wait for the real deal though!

Thanks!

Comment

• mvmn
                            New User
                            • Jul 2012

Guys, come on, I can't believe it's 2012 and there's still no Mac OS version of BC.

Your app seems to be using QT, so I'm guessing all you need to do to port it to OS X is just make an Xcode project out of it and compile it, right? (-:

Well, I might be wrong of course - you made the Linux port, you know what it takes. But it really doesn't sound like such a big deal to port it to Mac, I'm surprised you don't want to get into that part of the market.

Comment

• Aaron
                              Team Scooter
                              • Oct 2007

Hello,

We announced we were working on the Mac build back on page 7:
                              http://www.scootersoftware.com/vbull...?t=3587&page=7

BC3 is written in Delphi and the tools to compile Delphi on the Mac are not fully developed enough for a quick re-compile or port. As we work through the technical details we also need to work on the graphical polish to make it look like an OS X product.
                              Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• mryan
                                Expert
                                • Apr 2012

I'm available for alpha or beta testing. I really want the Mac version to triumph, and will do whatever I can to make that happen.

Comment

Working...