X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madkins
    Visitor
    • Mar 2006

Source Control Feature

Hi, I just wondered if you could provide a list of the common source control software that Beyond Compare 2.4 will work with. I'm using JEDI JVS (FreeCVS), which I take it is not supported.

Thanks,
    Michael.

Re: Source Control Feature

I am also using another CVS clone, and utilizing WinCVS for my source control.

I was excited at the prospect of using BC for my source control (as it is my default diff tool), but alas no luck.

Please consider adding CVS to your list of supported source control programs.

Comment

• Zoë
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Almost all commercial version control systems should be supported. We're using the SCC API, originally defined by Microsoft. Unfortunately, until fairly recently using the API required an NDA, so most free/open source vcs systems are not supported. FreeVCS/JediVCS isn't supported, CVS and Subversion are through third-party add-ons, for any others just see if they mention integrating with SCC, Visual Studio, or other IDEs.
      Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• Zoë
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hi James,

The integration is done through a dll provided by the version control system; BC is just using a generic interface.

CVS doesn't support it directly, but there are a few third-party add-ons available that you can use:
        <ul type="square">[*]TamTam CVS SCC[*]PushOK CVS SCC proxy[*]Jalindi Igloo[/list]I tested the PushOK one when I was developing it, and it worked well. The TamTam one looks good and is cheaper, but we haven't tested it. Jalindi Igloo is the only free one, but we haven't tested it, I've heard it's buggy, and it hasn't been updated in quite a while.

If you get any of them running please send us a list of the steps involved so we can add it to our version control knowledge base article.
        Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...