7Zip integration

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

7Zip integration

Hi,

Is there a plugin available for 7z archives (to allow BC to navigate the compressed archives in the same way that it can for zip files) ?

Regards,
    Xeno
  • chrroe
    Pooh-Bah
    • Oct 2007

Re: 7Zip integration

Hi Xeno!

Use the search function of this forum with 7zip and you will see, that this feature is on the famous wish list for a very very long time.
    Further information about the current state can only be provided by the development team.

But your question may help to reorder the priorities on the wish list .

Bye
    Christoph

Comment

• gadgeteria
      Enthusiast
      • Sep 2004

Now that 7-Zip has a dedicated command-line version, maybe there's an easy way to call it instead of the internal zip viewer...?

Comment

• Chris
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

There isn't a way to call a command line archive tool from BC as a plug-in, but support for 7-zip, along with a way to support command line archives as plug-ins are both on our wish list.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• fspafford
          Visitor
          • Aug 2009

I would like to see 7-zip integration.

Frank

Comment

• Chris
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Hi Frank,

Beyond Compare 3.1.6 has read-only support for 7-zip files.
            Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• buggers
              Journeyman
              • Dec 2008

Any chance you can update the 7zip library to v9.20 or newer (I need LZMA2 support) that the v4 library currently in use doesn't have it and just replacing it with the new one doesn't work (unlike the unrar one witch also needs updating to v4 but can be replaced by the user)
              Last edited by buggers; 12-May-2011, 03:00 AM.

Comment

• Aaron
                Team Scooter
                • Oct 2007

Hello,

We would be interested in collecting various archive files for testing purposes. Would you be able to email us a couple pairs of files you are having trouble with at [email protected]?

If you email us, please include a link back to this forum post for reference.
                Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• buggers
                  Journeyman
                  • Dec 2008

http://www.mediafire.com/?x3agv4b06qjjdix
                  The file was created by archiving it with 7-Zip v9.22 and the following settings:

P.S. The latest (at the moment) 7zxa library is available from http://sourceforge.net/projects/seve...ra.7z/download

Comment

• Aaron
                    Team Scooter
                    • Oct 2007

Thanks. I'll add this to our test cases. We'll investigate and see what we can do.

In the meantime, you can binary scan a 7z as a file to determine if the content has changed without navigating into the archive.
                    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• buggers
                      Journeyman
                      • Dec 2008

I'm using it to merge parts of 2 folders contents and it is easier if I compare a folder to archive instead of extracting the contents of the archive. And the best compression levels I get is with the above settings. I'm currently using LZMA so it is not a problem but it'll be nice to have the LZMA2 support added later on.

P.S. Thanks for all your hard work

Comment

• SharkLasers
                        Journeyman
                        • Feb 2013

2 years later and still no LZMA2 support ...
                        Still using 7zxa.dll v4.65 (LZMA2 support was added in LZMA SDK v9.04 and in 7zip v9.09) and the next stable version is expected to use LZMA2 as default compression method.

LZMA SDK: http://www.7-zip.org/sdk.html
                        Compiled version of 7zxa.dll: http://sourceforge.net/projects/seve...ra.7z/download

Current version of the UnRAR.dll: http://www.rarlab.com/rar/UnRARDLL.exe
                        At-least the rar library file can be replaced lith the latest version without obvious problems.

P.S. Hopefully you'll take it seriously this time - ATM I have to extract >50% of my archives before I can load them in BC.
                        Last edited by SharkLasers; 20-Jun-2013, 06:55 AM.

Comment

• Aaron
                          Team Scooter
                          • Oct 2007

Thanks for the follow-up and suggestions. This is still on our wishlist to update.
                          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...